Friday, February 28, 2014

A Gentle Reminder

I wanted to highlight some of my favorite quotes and images from last week's blogs. It is always remarkable to me when my students uncover deep truths, and find a way to remind me what it means to be human. Or, to just help me celebrate the beauty. As teachers, I think it is important to be constantly reminded that our students are capable of introspection, growth, and creating change - if we give them the space to do it. Let the thought provocation begin!!

"I feel like it is easy to get caught up in life and not realize what we are doing- if we are truly being kind or not." - Ellie



"We have a lot more to get done, but I am still satisfied." - Shae

 

"I have a new respect for people who have natural ability and still work hard to get better." - Seyller

"I know that by the end of the school year, I’m probably not going to have finished this, but this might help me get started with this or find out if it’s possible." - Lane



"We watched a lot of videos about girls in third world countries & what they go through. When I was watching those videos, I wanted to cry because it was so sad." - Latisha
 
"I think everybody should try something new and blog about your experience and feelings." - Madison Brown

 

No comments:

Post a Comment